I’m all about supporting other womxn-owned businesses, so I’m sharing below some of my favorites with you, and encouraging you to shop from womxn-owned businesses this year too! These shops make wonderful gifts for any holiday or time of year, or as a gift to yourself to practice some self care.
- Cocus Pocus: stationary, accessories, apparel, candles, and more! This cute colorful shop has gifts galore.
- Creative Reading Boxes: Are you ready to unwrap the joy of reading as a family? Check out this reading activity box for the whole family.
- Grey Mount Paper & Press: I love this card company! They’re a small mom-owned company from Upstate NY and have lots of cute animal & nature-inspired products.
- Tiny Empire Shop by Let’s Collective: We might be a little biased… but this shop carries our favorite planner – The Money Momentum Planner. In addition to that, this shop is stocked with project management tools and lots of awesome templates to make running your business easier!
- North to South Designs: Stickers, engraved spoons, bookmarks, vegan leather journals, this shop is packed with unique and useful gifts!
- Sapling Press:This is a great shop for custom printing, stationary, home goods, and more! Their slogan is “Reading is Mandatory” and we couldn’t agree more.
- Hand Lettered Gifts by Shawna Clingerman: This shop is run by a dear friend and client of mine. She has been hand-lettering and creating art for years, and her work truly does speak for itself — check it out!
- TL Duryea: My favorite section of this shop is the Celebrate Sheroes collection, filled with original art, mugs, clothing, stickers, phone cases, and even a 2021 calendar featuring our VP-elect.
- Crown Candle Co: This is a wonderful shop based in Bronx, NY that specializes in using coconut wax for their candles!
- Ginger June Candle Co: The candles are as cute as the name! They even have a candle that encourages people to wash their hands — particular fitting this year.
- Pretty Honest Candles: This shop has soy wax candles, candles in mugs, a fresh cup of coffee candle, and more!
- Pure Hibiscus Home: This candle shop has a candle dedicated to Madam Vice President – Kamala Harris! How cool is that?
- Queer Candle Co: This is a queer-couple-owned candle shop, and they donate a portion of their monthly earnings to the Sylvia Rivera Law project, a grassroots organization based in NYC.
- Self Care Company: This shop makes candles to help combat anxiety, stress and low moods through aromatherapy. They also have shirts with positive messages, like “Be Kind”.
- Zena Moon Candles: This shop specializes in candles with positive affirmations, handmade pottery, and more!
- Accessorease: This is a highly curated jewelry box sent to your doorstep every season; take the guesswork out of pulling together every outfit!
- Activated NYC: This shop is stocked with political feminist jewelry – we love it!
- Bird + Stone: Another jewelry shop with a cause, Bird + Stone has been featured in Teen Vogue, Marie Claire, Bustle, and more.
- Female Collective Apparel: Badass feminist clothing, accessories, and prints.
- Made By Rheal: This shop is stocked with beautiful jewelry, coasters, jewelry holders, decor pieces, and more!
- PoppyMaven: This jewelry shop is based in my neck of the woods – Marin County! It has handmade jewelry, mindfully made, slow-crafted.
- Samara: A 100% cruelty-free fashion house using better materials, for you and for the world.
- Soul Mantras: This shop has inspirational jewelry, affirmations, pocket talismans, and holds creativity workshops.
- Vintage Royalty Jewelry: This jewelry shop is based in Chicago and features stunning pieces, combining retro vibes with current trends.
- Aromafloria Essentials: Like the name suggests, this shop is full of all your aromatherapy essentials.
- Aromaology: A California-based shop featuring handmade bath, body, and home fragrance products!
- Beauty Heroes: Another California-based shop, Beauty Heroes bring high quality, natural, and ethically sourced beauty products to your doorstep!
- Cheekbone Beauty: This is an Indigenous-owned and founded Canadian cosmetics company creating high quality, cruelty-free beauty products!
- Fempower Beauty: Vegan, cruelty-free, beauty products with a voice! For every lipstick sold, Fempower donates one to a humxn in need.
- Oui the People: This shop features bikini sheet masks, exfoliants for all skin types, a candle called Patriarchy (so you can watch it burn!), and more.
- Calabash Tea & Tonic: This wonderful shop features teas, coffee beans, and herbs that hail from farms all over the globe, where the farmers are paid fairly and the leaves are grown with love.
- Golde: This shop is stocked with superfood wellness & beauty products, everything on the site would make a perfect gift for a loved one or for yourself, to practice self care!
- The Honey Pot Company: This shop has the first complete feminine care system powered by herbs.
- Molly Jones: A local bay area shop, Molly Jones sells handmade CBD products that provide a natural relief from anxiety, stress, low moods, and pain.
- Mount Lai: This shop is rooted in traditional Chinese medicine, and features non-toxic, clean, vegan, and cruelty-free wellness and beauty products.
- City Girl Coffee: This shop features coffee that is ethically sourced from womxn around the world!
- Fairytale Brownies: If you attended last quarter’s Momentum Accelerator retreat, you’ve tasted one of these brownies. And if you haven’t, you need to try them.
- Lorenza True Rosé: Our most recent Momentum Maker, Melinda Kearney, founded this company with her daughter Michelle Lorenza Ouellet. Their California Rosé has notes of peaches, apricots, and honeydew — yum!
- Old Salt Merchants: This bay-area based shop specializes in bold, unique, quality salts, sugars, and teas.
- Partake Foods: This cookie shop features all gluten-free, vegan, and top 8 allergen-free tasty treats!
- Picnic Marin: I recently found this Marin County-based shop, and when I tell you my mouth watered when I looked at their website… I am not exaggerating. Go check it out!
- Sutro Wine: Another California-based wine company, this shop features an array of wine and has an all-womxn staff!
- Tea Drops: This company sells teas of many flavors, and they partner with the Thirst Project, a nonprofit focused on youth education about the water crisis and building global water wells.
- Baloo Living: Luxurious, cool, and breathable sleep. Sounds good right? Baloo blankets promise to give you just that!
- Effortless Composition: This Black womxn owned California-based home decor company is keeping up with the current trends, and inventing their own along the way!
- Heritage Apothecary: This shop has an array of products from aura mists, to crystals, to bowls, to candles, to protection and smudging kits.
- Jungalow: For every product purchased, this shop ensures that two trees are planted. This shop features home decor, art, planters, apparel, and more.
- The Sill: This company is stocked with beautiful plants of all sizes, for all budgets! And don’t worry, if you can’t keep a plant alive, they have faux plants that look beautiful too.
- Simply Straws: Help save the planet, ditch the plastic straws! We’ve all heard it, but are you actually doing it? Shop at Simply Straws to make it happen!
Books to Read / Gift
Check out some of my all time favorite books, and some recent bestsellers by these awesome womxn authors!
- Becoming – Michelle Obama
- Big Magic – Elizabeth Gilbert
- Braiding Sweetgrass – Robin Wall Kimmerer
- Dare to Lead – Brené Brown
- Domincana – Angie Cruz
- Mediocre – Ijeoma Oluo
- My Own Words – Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- One Life – Megan Rapinoe
- Playing Big -Tara Mohr
- So We Can Glow – Leesa Cross-Smith
- The Bride Test – Helen Hoang
- The Money Manual – Tonya B. Rapley
- The New Wilderness – Diane Cook
- The Office of Historical Corrections – Danielle Evans
- The Sweet Spot – Christine Carter
- These Women – Ivy Pochoda
- Untamed – Glennen Doyle
- Vibrate Higher Daily – Lalah Deia
- You Are a Badass At Making Money – Jen Sincero
Womxn Run Nonprofits to Donate to
I’m always on the lookout for womxn run organizations and nonprofits, and these are some of my favorite ones that are making a big difference in the world!
- Essie Justice Group: Essie’s mission is to harness the collective power of womxn with incarcerated loved ones to end mass incarceration’s harm to womxn and communities.
- GirlTrek: Their mission is to pioneer a health movement for Black womxn & girls grounded in civil rights history through walking campaigns, community leadership, and health advocacy.
- Girls Who Code: Girls Who Code is on a mission to close the gender gap in technology and to change the image of what a programmer looks like and does.
- Malala Fund: Founded by Malala Yousafzai, the Malala Fund is working for a world where every girl can learn and lead.
- Moms Demand Action: Moms Demand Action is a grassroots movement of Americans fighting for public safety measures that can protect people from gun violence.
- One Love: One Love is on a mission to educate young people about healthy and unhealthy relationships, empowering them to identify and avoid abuse and learn how to love better.
- Period: A global non-profit organization fighting to end period poverty and stigma through service, education, and advocacy.
- Planned Parenthood: Planned Parenthood delivers vital reproductive health care, sex education, and information to millions of people worldwide.
- She Should Run: She Should Run is a nonpartisan nonprofit working to dramatically increase the number of womxn considering a run for public office.
- She’s The First: She’s the First fights for a world where every girl chooses her own future. They team up with local organizations to make sure girls are educated, respected, and heard.
- Women For Progress: Women for Progress aims to raise awareness, educate and connect individuals to activism on a wide range of issues including gender equality, gun violence prevention, environmental protection, racial justice, and human rights.
- Women for Women International: Women for Women Int’l works at the critical intersection of womxn and conflict – providing skills, knowledge, and resources that create sustainable change for womxn, their families, and their communities.